What is Guasha Therapy?
Guasha therapy is a traditional Chinese medicine method to get rid of illnesses, also known as meridian therapy. “Sha” is the stagnation and blockage of Qi and blood in the body, and once they are “blocked”, illnesses will follow.
Effectiveness of Guasha therapy
Scraping can help to clear heat and detoxification. The process of scraping helps to promote the body’s absorption of nutrients, while it can scrape off the waste to the body’s surface and deposit it through the subcutaneous pores. It helps with the body’s blood flow and restores natural metabolic vitality.
Who should avoid Guasha Treatment?
- People with severe cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, liver and kidney dysfunction, and body swelling are generally not encouraged to do Gua Sha therapy because Gu Sha will congest the subcutaneous blood and promote blood circulation, which will increase the burden on the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys, and aggravate the condition.
- Scraping therapy is forbidden for boils, ulcers, sores, macules, and masses of unknown origin on the body surface, otherwise it will cause wound infection and spread.
- Acute sprain, traumatic pain, or fracture.
- People with bleeding tendency, such as patients with advanced diabetes, severe Anemia, Leukemia, aplastic anemia, and thrombocytopenia.
- Pregnant women and women during menstrual.
- Do not perform Gua Sha treatment on the same area again until the Gua Sha spots from the previous treatment have receded.